What To Watch For When Getting Your Interior Design Wall Tiles
Interior Design Wall Tiles When you think about tile surfaces, you often think about having them on your floor. That’s understandable in that tiles can be durable and smooth and make for great surfaces. But one thing you might not know is that you can get wall tiles for your home just as well.
Interior wall tiles are great for a variety of room designs. You can get them on any wall in any room in your home. But to make these tiles look great, you will have to watch for what you’re doing with them.
Where Can You Add Your Tiles?
You can add your tiles to a variety of spaces:
- Kitchen tiles are often popular for all sorts of uses. You can get tiles applied to your walls near your sink or countertop. These can add a more elaborate look to your counter area than if you stuck with a plain wall.
- You can also add tiles to your living room. Such tiles may be placed around any large surface to add a new decoration in your area.
- Your bathroom is a popular place for tiles as well. A bathroom tile arrangement may be placed around your bathtub or shower area. These can come with lighter colors or they can be a little more decorative.
- A bedroom could also be made with some wall tiles. These include tiles that may be applied around a vanity or other storage furniture piece in your bedroom.
All of these items can be appealing and ideal to use in your home. Tiles can especially look great as they will look beautiful and not be at much of a risk of wearing out easily.
What Sizes Should the Tiles Be?
Your interior tiles can come in many sizes. While a traditional square size that is about three to five inches per side can do well, you can always stick with a different shape. A hexagon or octagon shape can create a beautiful look. You can even opt for tiles shaped like bricks.
What Colors Work?
The colors for your interior wall tiles should be chosen carefully. While there are all kinds of beautiful designs to choose from, you must see that your tiles actually mix in well with other things in your home.
Whether it entails metallic colors or something a little more detailed or flashier, you can opt from many colors. But no matter what you choose, you have to watch for how the design works.
You can always add lighter colors all around your area if you have light wall surfaces all around. This creates a better sense of consistency. For instance, you can get a bright white series of tiles right next to a standard white wall. A lighter color like a bright yellow can be added if desired.
Don’t forget to watch for how the fixtures around your wall work. Metal fixtures that are hung onto a wall, whether it entails a holder for toilet paper in your bathroom or a paper towel holder in your kitchen or even a sink, should be put into consideration. Your tiles will need to come with different colors that are more distinguishable and intriguing.
Individual Tiles Can Be Unique
You can always get individual tiles around your wall to have more unique appearances. Some tiles can be painted in different colors or with different symmetrical paint schemes. Some artistic flourishes can be applied onto some tiles to create a better series of colors with more unique patterns. Moroccan-style tiles are especially known for having more detailed and appealing colors all around.
Creating Better Templates For Designs
You can always create an elaborate template for when you’re trying to get your home designing project up and running. A template for tiles can make a difference but you should watch for what you can do when getting the most out of your design:
- You can get lines of different colors all around your space. A wall can come with one horizontal line of tiles that comes with a different color from something else, for instance.
- You can get multiple tiles of different colors organized in the same tight area on your wall if you want a more Moroccan-style design. This can create a nice tiled wall that adds a special look.
- A wallpaper-like appearance can also be utilized. This could involve specific bits of color scattered all around your wall. One red tile may be placed amid a series of black tiles, for instance. The pattern may repeat with several red tiles scattered all around while being of an equal distance away from each other.
Interior designers often work hard to get the most out of different templates and setups. You might be amazed at how well you can get bathrooms, bedrooms and other places in your home under control.
Don’t Forget the Grout
The grout for your tiles refers to the material used in between tiles. This is something used to keep the tiles connected. You can always get the grout colors in one of many styles.
You might need to get grout that is darker in color in most cases. This creates a nice border around lighter tiles so they become more distinguishable. For darker tiles, the dark grout will offer a cleaner look that is consistent all around. The grout can always be colored in one of many ways so be sure to look around to find something that stands out and has an attractive look. You might be surprised at what you can get out of a good grout surface.
You should look around well so you can get the most out of any kind of interior design wall tiles that you want to use. The choices you can look for will certainly be appealing and useful but it is a necessity to watch for how different tiles can be applied. It is all about giving your home a better total look.