A kitchen is often one of the most important rooms in your home. It’s where you spend time cooking each meal, where guests gravitate when you have them over, and where countless memories will be made.
You no doubt want this space to feel special and unique. There are countless ways to spruce up a kitchen by changing a few small things or completely redesigning a kitchen by overhauling the room and changing every element.
No matter which you choose, read on to see 55 ideas that will help you design the luxury kitchen of your dreams!
Focus On the Flooring
The floor will set the tone for the rest of your luxury kitchen. It’s the first thing people will notice, so it should be the first thing you redo if you’re doing it piece by piece.
From rich, dark wood to bright and clean tile, the spectrum of options is diverse. Let’s lay out the top options below.
1. Add Depth with Sheet Vinyl
Sheet vinyl is a great option for your luxury kitchen because it’s easy to install and has a great look when it’s finished! Since it comes in sheets instead of small tiles, the floor looks seamless and won’t allow water to seep in.
It won’t get freezing cold in the winter and has endless style options for you to pick from too.
Brand new sheet vinyl flooring in light oak.
2. Enjoy Waterproof Flooring with Porcelain Tile
Porcelain tile is durable, waterproof, and stain-resistant. What makes it the perfect choice for your luxury kitchen is that it comes in various sizes, and you can even get a design that mimics hardwood floors!
Colorful and unique porcelain tile flooring.
3. Create a Natural Look with Stone Tile
Stone tile is the most expensive flooring option for your luxury kitchen remodel, but it’s also one of the most natural looks. Whether you choose marble, slate, or granite, this stone is sure to be the standout in the room.
4. Add a Polished Feel with Concrete
Concrete might seem like an odd choice if you’re aiming for a luxury kitchen, but if it’s finished properly, concrete can be polished and beautiful.
It’s also often one of the cheaper options that still provides that expensive feel when done right.
Can’t Forget the Cabinets
After flooring, cabinets are often the next item in a luxury kitchen that the eye is drawn to.
You have two options when it comes to cabinets: install new cabinetry or upcycle your old cabinets with some high-quality paint.
5. Paint Your Cabinets for a Clean Finish
If you’re opting to paint your cabinets, make sure to choose high-quality paint, and try using a sprayer instead of brushes if possible. This will hopefully give them a cleaner finish and take you less time overall.
6. Install Shaker Cabinets for Simplicity
Shaker cabinets are the most popular style today. They offer a simple and classic contemporary look that will likely look great in any luxury kitchen.
Shaker cabinets with unique drawer pulls.
7. Modernize with Louvered Cabinets
Louvered cabinets are often the most expensive and come finished with horizontal wooden slats. They will bring a sleek and modern look to your luxury kitchen.
8. Add a Minimalist Touch with Flat-Panel Cabinets
This type of cabinet is also known as a slab cabinet. They’re simple but stylish and bring a minimalist feel to the kitchen.
Flat-panel cabinets in a gorgeous all-white kitchen.
9. Go For Durability with Inset Cabinets
Inset cabinets can be a great addition to any kitchen because of their durability and fine craftsmanship. The door sits inside the cabinet frame instead of outside, providing you with the opportunity to customize them fully.
10. Incorporate a Vintage Feel with Distressed Cabinets
Do you want your luxury kitchen to have a vintage feel? Distressed cabinets might be the perfect choice for you! Although these cabinets are brand new, they’re treated to appear finely aged.
11. Be Unique by Using Beadboard Cabinets
These cabinets are made with rows of vertical planks. This style is typically found in farmhouse or coastal-style kitchens. They offer a unique look because this style of cabinet is one of the least common.
Beadboard cabinets in an eclectic kitchen with open shelving.
12. Achieve Ultimate Luxury with Custom Cabinets
The ultimate luxury kitchen can be achieved with custom cabinets. A designer creates cabinets for your specific kitchen and can combine elements of any of the cabinet styles mentioned above!
13. Add Interest with Two-Toned Cabinets
The color of your cabinets matters just as much as the style! An interesting technique to try is having two-toned cabinets. For this style, the bottom row of your cabinets will be a different color from the top row.
It’s a good idea to keep one color bold and the other neutral or choose colors next to one another on the color wheel to ensure that they match well.
Two-toned flat-panel cabinets create a modern feel in this luxury kitchen.
14. Create Sophistication with Matte-Black Cabinets
Another interesting option is to go with matte-black cabinets. Many people stray from black because it can darken a room, but if you have light walls and flooring, black shouldn’t take anything away from the room.
15. Brighten the Room with Crisp White Cabinets
One of the ultimate signs of a luxury kitchen is a kitchen with crisp, white cabinets. These cabinets instantly brighten a room, and this style has been trending for years and doesn’t appear to be going away anytime soon.
After deciding on cabinets, you will need to choose hardware for them. If you’re opting not to do a full kitchen remodel but fix it up by making some small changes, adjusting the hardware is a nice option that doesn’t typically cost too much.
You have two main options to choose from: knobs and pulls. From here, you will have many different choices of varying colors, sizes, finishes, designs, and styles.
16. Add Patterned or Colorful Knobs to Dress Up Cabinets
If you opt for knobs, they will likely be less expensive than pulls. They are also generally easier to install.
Using knobs is a great way to personalize your luxury kitchen even further! You can choose a design like terrazzo, marble, or something floral rather than going for a solid color or finish.
Gold knobs add a subtle pop of color that adds a nice contrast to the overall look.
17. Go For a Sleeker Look by Using Pulls
Pulls require two holes to be drilled for installation, so they’re typically a bit more difficult to install and align properly.
The perk of pulls is that they are easier to grab to open cabinets and drawers, and they provide a sleeker and more modern look than pulls do. You can choose pulls with embellishments and fine detailing to take your luxury kitchen to the next level.
These black kitchen pulls add a nice contrast against the white adding to the sleek and modern feel of this kitchen.
Think About Your Appliances
Another aspect of your kitchen that makes a big difference is the appliances that you have. While many think of appliances as a necessary feature of their kitchen that they, of course, want to work well, they don’t consider the design aspect of them.
Having the right appliances can add or take away from your luxury kitchen, so consider them carefully.
18. Add Warmth with Matte-Finished Appliances
Matte-finished appliances are easier to keep clean than their counterparts. They can bring a rich, warm feeling to the room and come in a variety of colors.
19. Go For a Timeless Look with Stainless Steel Appliances
Stainless steel is very durable and now comes in traditional and black, so you have options. This timeless finish can help make a kitchen look crisp, clean, and new.
This kitchen features classic stainless steel appliances, a unique island countertop, and two-toned cabinetry. They all come together for a modern and unique look.
20. Freshen the Space with White Appliances
White appliances are a nice addition to any kitchen. While they can be hard to keep clean, they provide a fresh and bright look which looks nice no matter the situation.
If you decide to go for white appliances, consider getting them with a smooth finish instead of textured so that they don’t look dated.
White appliances brighten this room despite the darkened floor and add sophistication and freshness as well.
21. Create a Seamless Kitchen with Appliance Panels
Do you want your entire kitchen to look seamless? Appliance panels are designed to match your cabinetry and help your appliances to blend in effortlessly.
This option can be pricey, so it will fit right into any luxury kitchen.
A luxury kitchen featuring both black and paneled appliances.
22. Subtly Add a Vintage Look with Brushed Copper Hardware
Finishing your appliances with brushed copper hardware can bring a vintage feel to your luxury kitchen. It adds a pop of color to the room as well.
23. Subtly Add a Pop of Color with Brushed Bronze Hardware
Finishing your appliances with this hardware brings a slightly more muted pop of color to your kitchen. It’s reminiscent of rose gold and looks great with any other colors!
24. Be Bold with Brushed Black Hardware That Adds Edginess
This option could work well for you if you want your luxury kitchen to feel as modern as possible. The black will stand out against a bright white better than any other color and create a bold pop while still looking sleek overall.
25. Go For a Traditional Look with Brushed Stainless Steel Hardware
Stainless steel hardware is the classic option to go with. If you want your luxury kitchen to be timeless and traditional, brushed stainless can be a good choice.
Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Your kitchen sink is used countless times throughout the day. Between washing your hands, various foods, and dishes, your sink is an important part of your kitchen.
There are many types of kitchen sinks, and the one that you choose will have a big impact on the look of the room and the ease of using it.
26. Go For Ease of Use with a Drop in Sink
This is the most common type of kitchen sink. You install it from above by cutting a hole into the counter material and inserting the sink from above. The rim is caulked to attach it to the counter and prevent leakage.
While this sink is the easiest to install, it can take away from a luxury kitchen because of the way it gets installed. You get to decide what’s most important to you!
27. Get a Smooth Transition with an Undermount Sink
An undermount sink is almost the exact opposite of a drop-in sink. It’s installed from below the counter using special clips to keep it in place.
This smooth look provides a more suitable appearance for many people, and the lack of a gap between the counter and sink helps make it easier to sweet crumbs directly into the sink without them catching.
This undermount sink features gold hardware that adds a polished and luxurious feel.
28. Add the Most Popular Style by Using a Double Basin Sink
A double basin sink has two distinct areas that make up the sink. It’s the most popular style because of its functionality. One side can be used to wash, and the other side can be used to rinse or dry.
This type of sink could be useful for you if you don’t have a dishwasher!
29. Add a Unique and Rustic Look with a Farmhouse Sink
A farmhouse sink is a wonderful addition to any luxury kitchen. It’s a deep sink that provides plenty of room for large dishes and has a basin that’s visible through the front of the counter.
This is a unique look that makes it easier to wash dishes as well because you can stand closer to the sink and bend over less.
30. Add a High End Touch to a Small Kitchen with a Drainboard Sink
Drainboard sinks provide you with a sink on one side and a counter-level drainboard on the opposite side.
These sinks work great in smaller kitchens and still provide a high-end look while being functional.
This kitchen makes use of both a double basin sink and a drainboard sink all in one.
31. Go For Total Luxury and Customization with an Integrated Sink
An integrated sink is the most expensive option, but it’s a beautiful one if you can afford to add it to your luxury kitchen.
This type of sink is made of the same material as the counter. This provides a seamless look and makes your sink another unique aspect of the room.
32. Focus On Your Faucet to Add Interest to the Room
When you’re choosing your sink, don’t forget to consider what type of faucet you want as well! The size and finish will make a difference in the room.
A bright and beautiful kitchen featuring a farmhouse sink.
Finishing with Paint
Whether you choose to paint before doing any of the rest of the room, after everything is done, or if painting is your only task for the kitchen, know that it makes a huge difference.
Paint choice can make or break a room, so it’s important to choose carefully.
Painting cost varies greatly by the size of the room, and since kitchen wall space is often taken up by cabinets and appliances, it can be an inexpensive room to paint.
33. Make Your Room Appear Larger with White Paint
For many, a classic white kitchen is their dream. Using crisp white paint or off-white paint can be a good choice to keep a kitchen neutral and classic. White paint will work for any style of kitchen and is easy to paint over if you ever change your mind in the future.
34. Add a Hint of Color by Using Gray Paint
Gray has long been the choice of those wanting a modern feel without adding any bold colors.
You can opt for a deep and dark gray to bring a moodiness to the room or a light and subtle gray to add a softness and a hint of color without overpowering the rest of the room.
35. Make a Statement with Black Paint
Black is still a neutral color, but it’s a bold color choice for your luxury kitchen. Black will add a stark and mysterious vibe to the room and is the best choice if you have some brighter elements throughout the rest of your kitchen to balance it out.
Black is a color that’s not often used in homes, but when it is used, it makes a statement!
Bold black paint is balanced by white countertops and backsplash.
36. Add a Calming Vibe with Blue Paint
Blue paint can be a nice way to introduce color without feeling overwhelmed. You can opt for a gray-blue that feels more neutral, a calming and fun light blue, or a deep and dark blue that adds depth to the room.
37. Bring In a Touch of Regality and Uniqueness with Green Paint
Green paint is having its moment right now! Once an uncommon color many people avoided, certain shades of green are now becoming more popular.
Try out a deep emerald green or a light pistachio green. Either way, this color should add something different and unique to your luxury kitchen.
38. Add Warmth with Yellow Paint
Yellow paint instantly adds a whimsical and fun feel to any room. This color is likely best reserved for your kitchen if you want to have a cottage-like feel.
A nice, light, and pastel yellow adds warmth to the room without overpowering it.
39. Choose a Shade of Orange for an Eclectic Space
Orange paint can be a solid choice if you want your luxury kitchen to have a whimsical or eclectic feel. This warm color adds a pop to any room without feeling tacky if you choose the right shade.
A light pastel orange or a deep, burnt orange are nice color choices for this room.
40. Be Chic with Pink Paint
If you opt for a pastel pink or rose pink paint, it can help your kitchen to feel chic and modern.
Pink pairs well with gray and white, so if you have those colors throughout the rest of your room, it might be a good option. Not many people have pink kitchens, so this can be a lovely way to stand out!
Backsplash—Form Meets Function
Backsplash is not only a nice way to add another level of luxury to your space, but it’s a good way to protect your walls and make for easy clean-up in a room that gets messy often. Backsplash comes in many shapes and colors, so finding your match shouldn’t be too hard.
Whether you opt for ceramic, glass, or stone, backsplash will take your luxury kitchen to another level.
41. Go Classic with Subway Tiles
Subway tiles are rectangular and offset so that they don’t line up when installed. This look provides a classic feel that works great in any style of kitchen.
Subway tile backsplash in a bright kitchen.
42. Make a Mosaic with Diamond Shaped Tiles
These tiles create a statement and are a popular choice for mosaics.
Mixing colors can help you to create a nice design and bring a hint of color in if you didn’t add it elsewhere.
43. Commit to Vintage with Round Tiles
Round tiles are great for curved walls and often come in sheets to make them easier to install.
They were common years ago but are less common now, leaving you with the opportunity to add a vintage element to your room. You can opt for tiles that are all the same size or mix up the sizing to create an eclectic look.
44. Add a Youthful Look with Chevron Tiles
Chevron tiles are parallelograms that are installed on an angle to create that iconic v-shape pattern. They look youthful and modern and are common in Scandinavian-inspired designs. They’re often the most expensive because of the intricacy of installing them.
45. Use Herringbone Tiles to Catch the Eye and Provide a Timeless Look
Herringbone tiles are rectangular pieces that are installed in a zig-zag pattern. The final product is an eye-catching work of art that seems to never go out of style.
This gray herringbone backsplash would be an interesting focal point in any kitchen.
Install an Island
If you have the space, installing an island can take your luxury kitchen to the next level. The perks of having an island are endless.
A rustic kitchen island with extra storage space and the option to add seating.
46. Expand Your Seating to Add the Illusion of More Space
Having an island can eliminate the need for you to have a dining room table or be an area of extra seating to have. The chairs that you pick will complement the room and add another design element to your luxury kitchen.
An island adds extra counter space for cutting and prepping food! When you’re cooking for a lot of people, this extra space will be appreciated.
48. Add a Coffee Bar for the Total Luxury Experience
Your island can be a nice space to add a coffee bar! Space underneath makes perfect storage for mugs and coffee, while the counter leaves room for the coffee maker.
An island leaves you with a nice area to add an extra sink. This sink will likely be small, but it can be a good sink to reserve for washing coffee mugs and other small items that get stored in that area without worrying about the dirty dishes in the main sink.
This sleek sink is built into the island and is the perfect size for mugs and glasses.
50. Provide a Fun Focal Point by Adding a Statement Countertop
If you have basic countertops in the rest of your kitchen, an island would be a great area to install a statement countertop without spending too much money. This will be an excellent addition to your luxury kitchen, and it will surely be a focal point for the room.
Don’t Forget about Decorating
Once the rest of your luxury kitchen is all set, add the finishing touches by decorating! This ties together the entire room and signals that the project has come to a close.
51. Bring a Sense of Your Personality with Your Wall Art Choices
Consider adding some wall art. Whether large or small, abstract pieces or fun, kitchen-themed artwork will tie into the room nicely. This is a chance to show off your specific taste in art!
Fun and whimsical wall art made with China plates.
52. Display Your Cookbooks to Add a Homey and Personal Touch
Think about displaying a few of your cookbooks on the counter to add a homey feel to the area. Plus, when it’s time to use them, you won’t need to hunt them down; they will be readily available.
53. Put Up Curtains to Control the Light in a Room and Add Privacy
If there are any windows in the kitchen, adding some beautiful curtains will make the room look finished. Opting for high-quality curtains will add to your luxury kitchen and provide you with the opportunity for privacy when you want it.
54. Decorate Open Shelving to Create a Well-Rounded and Organized Feel
If you have any open shelving in your kitchen, make sure that it’s well organized. On top of that, think about adding in some pieces just for decoration to make your kitchen look well-rounded.
This kitchen makes good use of open shelving, which adds to the overall design and luxury feel of the space.
55. Bring Warmth and Make People Feel Welcome by Setting the Table
If you have an eat-in kitchen, make your table just as luxurious as the rest of the space by setting it. Add a table cloth, nice dishware, and some flowers—real or fake, to make your kitchen look like it’s straight out of a magazine.
Setting the table with even a simple setting can make a huge difference in how luxurious your space feels! Light the candles just before you’re about to sit down and they will add the perfect glow to your space.
The Luxury Kitchen of Your Dreams
Having the luxury kitchen of your dreams doesn’t have to be far off. This article highlighted 55 ways to bring some luxury into your space, from painting the walls to the types of knobs that you have on your cabinets.
Whether you implement just one of these design ideas or several of them, you will be one step closer to a luxury kitchen by doing so.
- 1 Focus On the Flooring
- 2 Can’t Forget the Cabinets
- 2.1 5. Paint Your Cabinets for a Clean Finish
- 2.2 6. Install Shaker Cabinets for Simplicity
- 2.3 7. Modernize with Louvered Cabinets
- 2.4 8. Add a Minimalist Touch with Flat-Panel Cabinets
- 2.5 9. Go For Durability with Inset Cabinets
- 2.6 10. Incorporate a Vintage Feel with Distressed Cabinets
- 2.7 11. Be Unique by Using Beadboard Cabinets
- 2.8 12. Achieve Ultimate Luxury with Custom Cabinets
- 2.9 13. Add Interest with Two-Toned Cabinets
- 2.10 14. Create Sophistication with Matte-Black Cabinets
- 2.11 15. Brighten the Room with Crisp White Cabinets
- 3 Cabinet Hardware
- 4 Think About Your Appliances
- 4.1 18. Add Warmth with Matte-Finished Appliances
- 4.2 19. Go For a Timeless Look with Stainless Steel Appliances
- 4.3 20. Freshen the Space with White Appliances
- 4.4 21. Create a Seamless Kitchen with Appliance Panels
- 4.5 22. Subtly Add a Vintage Look with Brushed Copper Hardware
- 4.6 23. Subtly Add a Pop of Color with Brushed Bronze Hardware
- 4.7 24. Be Bold with Brushed Black Hardware That Adds Edginess
- 4.8 25. Go For a Traditional Look with Brushed Stainless Steel Hardware
- 5 Everything but the Kitchen Sink
- 5.1 26. Go For Ease of Use with a Drop in Sink
- 5.2 27. Get a Smooth Transition with an Undermount Sink
- 5.3 28. Add the Most Popular Style by Using a Double Basin Sink
- 5.4 29. Add a Unique and Rustic Look with a Farmhouse Sink
- 5.5 30. Add a High End Touch to a Small Kitchen with a Drainboard Sink
- 5.6 31. Go For Total Luxury and Customization with an Integrated Sink
- 5.7 32. Focus On Your Faucet to Add Interest to the Room
- 6 Finishing with Paint
- 6.1 33. Make Your Room Appear Larger with White Paint
- 6.2 34. Add a Hint of Color by Using Gray Paint
- 6.3 35. Make a Statement with Black Paint
- 6.4 36. Add a Calming Vibe with Blue Paint
- 6.5 37. Bring In a Touch of Regality and Uniqueness with Green Paint
- 6.6 38. Add Warmth with Yellow Paint
- 6.7 39. Choose a Shade of Orange for an Eclectic Space
- 6.8 40. Be Chic with Pink Paint
- 7 Backsplash—Form Meets Function
- 8 Install an Island
- 8.1 46. Expand Your Seating to Add the Illusion of More Space
- 8.2 An island adds extra counter space for cutting and prepping food! When you’re cooking for a lot of people, this extra space will be appreciated. 48. Add a Coffee Bar for the Total Luxury Experience
- 8.3 An island leaves you with a nice area to add an extra sink. This sink will likely be small, but it can be a good sink to reserve for washing coffee mugs and other small items that get stored in that area without worrying about the dirty dishes in the main sink. This sleek sink is built into the island and is the perfect size for mugs and glasses. 50. Provide a Fun Focal Point by Adding a Statement Countertop
- 9 Don’t Forget about Decorating
- 9.1 51. Bring a Sense of Your Personality with Your Wall Art Choices
- 9.2 52. Display Your Cookbooks to Add a Homey and Personal Touch
- 9.3 53. Put Up Curtains to Control the Light in a Room and Add Privacy
- 9.4 54. Decorate Open Shelving to Create a Well-Rounded and Organized Feel
- 9.5 55. Bring Warmth and Make People Feel Welcome by Setting the Table
- 10 The Luxury Kitchen of Your Dreams