8 Best Toilet Bowl Cleaners
Cleaning the toilet is usually everyone’s least favorite task when tidying up the bathroom. But finding the best toilet cleaner can not only make this daunting task easier, but also something you may need to do less often. The options for getting rid of those toilet rings seem endless with toilet bowl brushes, liquid cleaners, tablets, and automatic toilet cleaners in gels and tablets. If you want to spend less time scrubbing, getting the right products for the job is essential.
Fortunately, here at the Good Housekeeping Institute’s cleaning lab, we are bathroom cleaning experts. In addition to our tips on how to remove mold, mildew and hard water stains, we test hundreds of cleaning products each year to find the best of the best, including toilet bowl cleaners. In fact, we just spent three weeks testing 12 different toilet cleaning products to find those that require minimal effort but give optimal results. We also review the clarity and completeness of the label directions for use, the need for any safety warnings based on the ingredients, and the ease of use and cleanliness of each product. Our top picks for best toilet cleaners to remove tough stains and make your bowl shine:
Advertising – Continue Reading Below
Best toilet cleaner
Toilet bowl cleaner with bleach
In our tests, the toilet grime was gone within minutes of applying Clorox With Bleach Toilet Bowl Cleaner, which meant very little rubbing to make the toilet bowl white again. This cleaner contains bleach, so it kills 99.9% of germs and also deodorizes the toilet. Take note: since the liquid is light in color, we struggled to see where it was applied and ended up putting in more to make sure the entire toilet bowl was covered.
- Requires minimal friction
- Easy to apply
- Kills 99.9% of germs
- Hard to see the cleaner in the toilet bowl
Best tablet toilet cleaner
Continuous cleaning drop-ins
In-tank toilet bowl cleaners work by dissolve in the water in the tank and fill the bowl with cleaner after each rinse for continued freshness and to prevent stains from sticking to the sides of the bowl. We found these tablets to be easy to drop into the reservoir, but it took a few rinses to start seeing them working. While these tablets aren’t a substitute for regular deeper cleanings in our testing, they will help reduce the number of cleanings your toilet needs.
Note: Although the manufacturer claims that the toilet water with these tabletop tablets is not harmful to children or pets, or the tablets will not damage plumbing or septic systems, it is best to use them. ” ensure that animals do not drink in the toilet all tablets are used and that the tablets are only placed in a toilet which is flushed regularly so that the concentration of cleaner does not build up in the tank and risk damaging rooms.
- Cleans the bowl with each rinse
- Safe for septic systems
- Helps keep toilets cleaner for longer
- Not a substitute for regular deep cleanings
Best Sticky Liquid Toilet Cleaner
Powerful toilet bowl cleaner
You never have to wonder where you poured Lysol Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner. This The liquid gel cleanser clung to the bowl and the dark blue color made it easy to see where it was applied. With a little rubbing, he removed the stains and left the toilet bowl sparkling. It kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria and has an angled neck for easy application under the toilet rim.
- Hangs on the toilet
- Easy to apply
- Kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria
- Requires more scrubbing than with others
Best Toilet Cleaning Wand
Disposable toilet cleaning system
If you don’t like the idea of a used toilet bowl brush, then this Clorox toilet wand system is for you. It’s a All-in-one toilet brush preloaded with cleaner, which means no additional cleaners are needed. In our testing, it was easy to soak the scrub pad in the toilet water to activate the cleaner and begin cleaning. After cleaning, it was easy to throw away the scouring pad by simply pressing the button on the handle and releasing it in the trash. We love that it’s a hands-free disposal, but on occasion the cleaning pad would stick to the handle when you press the button, requiring extra effort to remove.
- Disposable scouring pad
- Preloaded with cleaner
- Easy to use
Best toilet cleaner for stains
Power Blot Destroyer
You will know that the Scrubbing Bubbles Power Stain Destroyer is working when it changes from green to blue by eliminating lime and rust. The bottle’s curved neck allowed it to be applied under the toilet rim and tackled hard-to-see stains. After letting the cleanser sit for 15 minutes, the marks are easily removed. Stubborn stains may require a longer treatment time or reapplication. It’s even safe to let the product sit overnight, if needed.
- Easy to apply under the rim
- Eliminates lime and rust
- It may be necessary to clean more than once for stubborn stains
Best automatic toilet cleaner
Automatic toilet bowl cleaner
This cleansing gel was simple to use and delivered in individually wrapped pouches for germ-free application and disposable. Simply dispense a dose of gel to adhere to the inner surface of the bowl where it slowly dissolves to help cleanse and refresh with each rinse. One application lasts up to two weeks. Click Gels cannot replace the need for a good scrub in an already stained toilet; however, they will help reduce the number of cleanings required and keep the toilets cool. The Atlantic Fresh scent wasn’t overwhelming either.
- Helps keep toilets clean
- Easy to apply
- Individually wrapped packages are hygienic
- Does not remove stubborn stains
- Packaging is somewhat wasteful
Best toilet cleaning brush
Good Grips Toilet Brush
Not only does this brush leave your toilet sparkling, but it also has Inclined bristles specially designed to clean under the rim, making work easier. During testing, it took a few tries to properly master the use of angled hairs, but the head hairs were strong enough to remove stubborn buildup.
After cleaning, the brush was easily returned to the caddy where the integrated drip tray captured excess water. It also has ventilated slots for quick drying, so you’re not left with a wet, messy cart or brush.
- Bristles specially designed to clean under the rim
- Comes with a built-in vented drip tray to help brush dry
Best Toilet Ring Cleaner
Cleaning stone for toilets and bathrooms
Cleaning the Clorox toilet and bath makes it easier to remove toilet rings. It is made of crushed and compressed glass and can scrub toilet rings without scratching porcelain fixtures. Simply wet the stone and the bowl, then gently rub the line inside the toilet bowl to loosen and wipe it clean. The stones can be used over and over again and gradually wear out over time.
- Remove toilet rings
- Safe to use on porcelain
- The stones wear out over time
What to know when buying toilet cleaners
• Type: There is no one-size-fits-all solution for toilet cleaners. While some people may prefer a traditional liquid toilet cleaner and toilet brush, others may appreciate the convenience of a toilet wand with a disposable cleaning head pre-loaded with a cleaner. There are also tablets and gels that go in the toilet tank or attach to the inside of the toilet bowl to help keep your toilet clean between deep cleanings. Look for cleaners specifically suited to your toilet problem, for example, rust or hard water residue is best treated with a cleaner designed for rust.
• Ingredients: While some ingredients, like bleach, are great for removing tough stains and sanitizing the toilet, they may not be the choice for someone who has children or pets, or who doesn’t want to be exposed to it. a chemical smell. Additionally, some gels and tablets may be safe for toilet tanks or septic systems, while others are not. Be sure to check the labels to make sure the cleanser fits your lifestyle.
• Longevity: The lifespan of toilet cleaners may vary, particularly with tablets and gels. Some tablets and gels can last from a week to a few months. Make sure you read the label how long they last so you know how often you need to replace them.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io
Advertising – Continue Reading Below