- Opening on Saturday 12 September, Labor and Wait, the favorite of Remodelista, a supplier of sturdy and time-tested household items, “gives in to its weakness for brown” at the London Design Festival, “offering an opportunity for a ironic homage to the venerable and stoic tone to which they are indebted. Labor and Wait Brown will appear for nine days starting Saturday, September 12 on Calvert Avenue in Shoreditch.
- Sad to hear that.
- John Derian’s latest adventure? A trio of puzzles: “Calm Cat”, “Dancing Butterflies” and “The City of New York”. The prints are from John’s extensive collection of vintage prints from the 17th and 18th centuries, and the edges of the boxes were designed to be beautifully displayed on your shelf. Available for pre-order; the puzzles will officially ship on September 15th.
- Farewell Terence Conran: The influential and highly regarded figure in post-war design has died at age 88. Read the full article on BBC News.
- Most popular post of the week: In the Glow: A Bright Bushwick Apartment, courtesy of eBay, Craigslist, and Clever DIY Ideas.
- And on Gardenista: What to do in the garden in September.
- Storage problems? Think Like a Trader: The Secrets of Storage and Organization of Makié Yahagi.
Current Obsessions: Falling Softly – Remodelista