Ideal as a gift or to mount on your own mantel, this easy DIY monogrammed stocking sets up in less time than a holiday dinner. Learn the basics of how to crochet Christmas stockings with this simple tutorial and pattern – you will find that crochet stockings are easy, even the delicate heel!
What you will need:
You can also use comparable yarns of Sugar Bush Chill, Loopy Mango Marino No. 5 and Wool and the Gang Crazy Sexy Wool. If you want to invest in more sizes of hooks for a few more dollars, try a full set of Soft Grip hooks.
How to crochet stockings step by step
GLOSSARY: CH: Chain // ST: Point // SL ST: Slip stitch // SC: Single crochet // DC: Double hook
- Line 1 : Create a magic circle. CH 2, then work 12 DC in the middle of the magic circle. SL ST to join at the first point. (12 DC manufactured)
- Row 2: CH 2, * DC in first stitch, 2 DC in next stitch * repeat from * to * a total of 6 times. SL ST at the first DC to join. (18)
- Line 3: CH2, * DC in the next 2 ST, 2 DC in the next ST * repeat from * to * a total of 6 times. SL ST at first DC. (24)
- Row 4: CH2, * DC in the next 3 ST, 2 DC in the next ST * repeat from * to * a total of 6 times. SL ST at first DC. (30)
- Lines 5-12: CH2, DC in the next 30 ST. SL ST at first DC. (30)
- Line 13: CH2, DC in the next 20 points. Do not knit the last 10 stitches. (20)
- Lines 14-20: CH2, turn, DC in the next 20 points. At the end of row 20, SL ST to join the heel.
- Line 21: Chain 2. DC 12 points on the heel, spacing the points evenly. Skip the point in the corner. A point SC where the toe begins. DC 8 on the top of the toe. A SC. Skip the point in the corner. DC 12 on top of the heel. SL ST to join. (34 points)
- Row 22: Chain 2. DC 12 through the heel. Skip the SC point of the previous row. DC 8 on the top of the toe. Skip the SC point. DC 12 on top of the heel. SL ST to join. (32 points)
- Lines 23-38: Chain 2. DC around the top (32). SL ST to join the rows.
- Finishing: Chain to make a loop at the desired length. Tie at the top bottom corner. Weave in the ends. Add a monogram or pom pom if you like.
Download and print the full crochet stocking pattern to complete the project and decorate your home this holiday season.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and other similar content on piano.io