Whether you’re looking for a studio or a two-bedroom apartment, you can’t deny the appeal of living in Longmont, Colorado. Named after the nearby mountain of Long Peak, the town of Longmont was founded in 1871 and is located in Boulder County, just 33 miles from Colorado’s state capital, Denver and east of the Rocky Mountains. Today, the region is well known for being the nation’s technology corridor, offering a significant concentration of jobs in the software industry.
With fantastic views and friendly locals, Longmont, Colorado is without a doubt a desirable city in which to live. It was selected by Money magazine as one of the top 100 places to live. Learn more about this one-of-a-kind town and all about the cost of living in Longmont, Colorado.
How much does an apartment cost in Longmont?
When researching the cost of living in Longmont, Colorado, consider the monthly cost of renting an apartment in the area. Those who want a studio can expect to spend around $ 845 per month, while a one-bedroom apartment typically costs $ 1,188 per month. For a two-bedroom apartment, tenants will typically pay around $ 1,280 per month. Although slightly above the Colorado average, the monthly costs of renting an apartment in Longmont are significantly lower than renting an apartment in Boulder. The cost of living in Longmont, Colorado is about 2% lower than the national average.
The estimated monthly cost of utilities in Longmont (electricity, heat, air conditioning, water and waste) is approximately $ 166. The price of Internet service each month is approximately $ 60.50. For transportation, a regularly priced monthly pass typically costs $ 100. A meal at an inexpensive restaurant costs around $ 12.50, while a three-course dinner for two at a mid-range restaurant costs around $ 45.
How to find cheap apartments in Longmont?
First of all, it is essential to know what type of apartment you are looking for. Make a list of crucial factors such as apartment size, desired location in Longmont, preferred amenities you want the apartment to include and a reasonable budget. Other factors to consider are whether you are willing to live with other people and whether you are willing to live outside the center to reduce rental costs.
Once you’ve established the basics, it’s time to get down to business. When trying to find a cheap apartment in Longmont, follow these practices:
- Be prepared to compromise: When looking for cheap apartments, it is often necessary to compromise on any specific preferences you may have. For example, can you live with others or do you have to strictly live alone? Are you willing to spend a little more time commuting to work if that means a cheaper apartment? Being aware of what you are willing to put aside is essential when looking for an apartment.
- Find a roommate: Moving into an apartment with a roommate is a great way to save money and lower rental costs. There are many different resources you can use to find a roommate in Longmont, Colorado, but make sure you know what to look for in a roommate.
- Getting around in low season: In many areas, the monthly cost of an apartment depends on the season you choose to move in. Some months can be much busier than others for moving, making the demand for apartments higher and more expensive. Check if any colleges or universities are nearby and avoid moving to an apartment in Longmont at the start of the semester.
- Choose the units for the middle floor: In many cities, apartments on the upper or lower levels usually cost less per month. Renters generally prefer a good view from their apartment and easy access. With that in mind, consider renting an apartment on one of the middle floors. This positioning could significantly reduce your monthly rental costs.
- Use Zumper to help you through the process: Zumper is a valuable resource for tenants, enabling them to find verified properties to book immediately. Using the Instarent feature, you can apply to rent the apartment of your choice without any competition and find out if you were successful in as little as 24 hours. You can also browse all current Longmont, Colorado apartment listings and sign up for notifications to receive an alert from Zumper when a new one becomes available.
There are many factors to consider when finding a cheap apartment in Longmont. But with a little time spent planning and considering the above options when finding an apartment to rent in the area, you should easily be able to find one that is cheap, affordable, and in line with your needs. budget.
Browse apartments for rent in Longmont
What is the cheapest rent in Longmont?
You can rent an apartment in Longmont for as little as $ 800 per month for a studio. You can find one bedroom apartments in Longmont for around $ 900 to $ 1000 at the lowest. If you’re looking for a two-bedroom apartment, the cheapest one available will cost you around $ 1150 per month to rent. However, it is wise to remember that while these apartments are available, they can be difficult to find. While these prices are the cheapest possible for apartment renters in Longmont, keep in mind that you will likely end up spending a bit more on an apartment.
You should also consider other costs associated with living in Longmont, such as utility bills, food, transportation, and additional daily living expenses.
With our help, I hope you will now be more aware of the cost of living in Longmont and how to find a cheap apartment in this attractive town. Moving to a new city can be one of the most exciting parts of life, so having fun and enjoying the adventure is essential. Good luck in your search for a new apartment in Longmont.