Lorex has a new device for the smart home — the 2K QHD Wired Video Doorbell with Person Detection (model number B451AJD-E). As its very long product name suggests, this doorbell has 2K resolution and sends person alerts to differentiate between people and other motion activity.
Here’s an overview of the features offered on the Lorex 2K QHD Wired Video Doorbell:
- 2560×1920 resolution
- 164-degree field of view
- 4:3 aspect ratio
- Person alerts
- Pre-recorded responses
- Option to customize responses
- Two-way audio to speak directly with visitors
- Integrated LED nightlight, can either turn on/off on a set schedule, or whenever motion is detected
- Local storage with included 32GB microSD card (doorbell supports up to 256GB)
- Compatible with the Lorex Fusion line of products
- Supports Alexa and Google Assistant
The new Lorex doorbell seems expensive at a glance, given that the market has seen a shift in recent years to . Then again, the $30 Wyze Video Doorbell — by far the cheapest model I’ve reviewed — . And I haven’t come across any 2K doorbells that cost less than $100 (yet).
The Lorex 2K QHD Wired Video Doorbell with Person Detection is available now for $180; a 1080p version is also available for $100.