There is a lot of great advice available on how to stop procrastinating (and apps that can help you too!) but you will probably never completely eradicate it from your life. Reorienting your energy to something positive can help stop this time from being a waste and make you feel better overall. While procrastibaking Has garnered a lot of attention recently, cleaning up as procrastination is a classic way to funnel time into productivity. In a 2011 studyThe Stanford researchers found that visual clutter made it considerably more difficult for subjects to complete tasks. So when you need a break, instead of browsing the internet, emptying the sink could be seen as a step towards the deadline.
Cleaning can also be a stress reducer, putting you in a better frame of mind to fill out that spreadsheet or do your grocery shopping. But the last thing you need to escape is a cleaning distraction that ends up being just as frustrating. Scotch-Brite ™ products are designed to work quickly and efficiently, so your cleaning goes smoothly. Here are some handy cleaning swaps to use the next time you hit a wall of to-do lists.
Stop posting and start Sudsing
Social media can be a fun way to stay in touch with friends, but anyone with an Instagram account knows that it can lead to anxiety as well. When you feel the urge to check your diet for the fifth time, put your phone down and grab your dishwashing gloves. A recent mindfulness One study found that washing dishes with intention resulted in decreased nerves and a more positive overall outlook for participants – plus you’ll have one less chore to do at lunchtime.
Advice on tasks
- Soak the pots in hot water to help loosen up big messes.
- Dry the glassware with a soft, clean cloth to avoid these annoying streaks.
- Use Scotch-Brite® Advanced Scrub Dots scratch-free scrubbers, which quickly remove eggs and cheese, and then rinse off.
Swap News-Bingeing for decluttering
Staying informed is important, but once you’re on top of the day’s news, constantly updating your favorite news site is one of the most stressful lunch breaks you can take. Instead, give your eyes a screen break, get up, and sweep the living room.
Advice on tasks
- Put obviously irrelevant objects in their place: books go on the shelf, cushions are put back on the sofa, and clothes need to go in the closet or laundry room.
- Wipe down surfaces like mantels, window sills, and shelves that tend to collect dust.
- Don’t worry about breaking the void. A quick pass of the Scotch-Brite ™ 50% Sticky Lint Roller quickly removes visible lint or pet hair.
Replace streaming with washing the bathroom
It can be hard to resist catching up on your favorite show, especially when the alternative is to pay the bills. But hitting the game is a slippery slope that can lead to hours of wasted time, and that groggy feeling that comes from watching your TV during the day. Shed your blood and sparkling tiles with some needed TLC instead.
Advice on tasks
- Pick up all your used towels and bath mats and throw them in the laundry – replacing everything at the same time will make a huge difference.
- Clean your mirror – it will reflect more light and give you a whole new perspective (literally!).
- Use a tile-safe scrub brush (try Scotch-Brite® Swift Scrub Bathroom Cleaner!) To cut through soap and shampoo scraps quickly, without the need for harsh chemicals.
Save this guide when you need a visual reminder
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io